Who doesn’t love chili, especially on a nice cold day? Even in the summer, who doesn’t love a good chili dog? You can make this on the stove top in your RV or over the fire (just monitor it closely!). Left over chili is great over pasta too—make two meals in one by making extra chili!
4 Bean Beefy Chili
- 2lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, small diced
- 1 large green pepper, small diced
- 2 big cans diced tomatoes
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 1 can great northern beans
- 2 tsp of each: cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper
- 1 tbl oregano
- 3 tbl chili powder
- Optional: 1 tsp cayenne pepper (for a little extra heat!)
- Large pot
- Grill grate (if over fire)
Sautee the onion and peppers for about 8 minutes or until soft. Add the ground beef and cook through, crumbling with the spoon. Add the remaining ingredients and stir well to combine. Bring to a simmer and cook for about an hour so the flavors can incorporate. Too keep hot, keep in a crock pot on low. This is a great way to get dinner ready ahead of time!
Tip: Serve it with shredded cheddar (smoked for an amazing twist!) and corn chips for a little crunch! Sour cream is good too, especially if you like it spicy. The next day, serve it over some spaghetti or on a hot dog!